Andy White is a nationally recognized, multiple award-winning landscape designer; Certified Member of the Association of Professional Landscape Designers (APLD #167) for 20 years (1996-2016); Registered Consulting Arborist® (RCA #510); Landscape Industry Certified Manager (NALP) for 17 years (1999-2016); N.C. Licensed Pesticide Applicator (#4146); ISA Qualified Tree Risk Assessor (TRAQ); and a participating member of numerous industry organizations.
Other information about Andy White:
- 40 years as a landscape company owner (Ohio and North Carolina)
- 25 years as a North Carolina Registered Landscape Contractor (#959)
- 24 years as a N.C. Licensed General Building Contractor (#28782)
- Post MS Graduate Studies in Ecology, Univ. of Tennessee – 1977-79
- MS degree in Ecology, Univ. of Tennessee – 1977
- BA degree in Zoology, Miami University – 1975
- 900+ hours of Continuing Education (CEUs)
- Work has been featured in many publications, including American Nurseryman, ALCA Advantage, Landscape Contractor News, Lawn and Landscape, Carolina Gardener, Builder/Architect.
- 10 different Design / Build projects have won a total of 12 national and state awards over the past twenty years, including ALCA Grand and Distinction Awards, and NCNLA Grand and Merit Awards.
- Monthly and bimonthly landscape feature columnist for Builder/Architect magazine for 13 years. Frequent contributor / consultant to other industry publications including Lawn and Landscape, Nursery Notes, Asheville Citizen-Times.
- Andy’s former landscape contracting company (Wayside Landscape Services, Inc.) was a perennial winner of numerous industry-sponsored (ALCA, PLANET) safety awards since 1988. These awards include “Fleet Safety,” “No Lost Time Accidents,” “No Vehicle Accidents,” and “Employee Safety.”